Join the Independent Drivers Guild as a dues-paying member to be covered by our group accident insurance provided by National Group Protection. Please note that members over the age of 65 are not covered by our insurance provider.
- Pays lump-sum benefits for the treatment of injuries suffered from a covered accident.
- You don’t have to be driving to be paid.
- No limit on the number of claims.
- 24-Hour on and off the job coverage.
- Benefits paid directly to the insured includes hospital admission, confinement, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Pays in addition to any other coverage you may have
Medical Fees (for each accident): $125
If an insured is injured in a covered accident and receives treatment within one year (initial treatment within 60 days of accident). Includes charges for:
Physician Services X-rays Emergency Room Services and Supplies
The insurance provider will pay this benefit when an insured is advised by a physician to use a medical appliance due to injuries received in a covered accident. Benefits are payable for Crutches, wheelchairs, leg braces, back braces, and walkers.
If an insured requires the use of a prosthetic device due to injuries received in a covered accident, the insurance provider will pay this benefit. Hearing aids, wigs, or dental aids including (but not limited to) false teeth are not covered.
Accident Follow Up Treatment: $50
The insurance provider will pay this benefit for up to six treatments per covered accident. The insured must have received initial treatment within 72 hours of the accident and the follow up treatment must begin within 30 days of the covered accident or discharge from the hospital.
Physical Therapy: $50
The insurance provider will pay this benefit for up to six treatments (one per day) per covered accident, per insured for treatment from a physical therapist. The insured must have received initial treatment within 72 hours of the accident and physical therapy must begin within 30 days of the covered accident or discharge from the hospital. Treatment must take place within six months after the accident. This benefit is not payable for the same visit that the Accident Follow-up Treatment benefit is paid.
Hospital Admission: $1,000
The insurance provider will pay this benefit when an insured is admitted to a hospital and confined as a resident bed patient because of injuries received in a covered accident (within 6 months of the date of the accident). The insurance provider will pay this benefit once per calendar year per insured per covered insured. This benefit is not payable for confinement to an observation unit, or for emergency room or outpatient treatment.
Hospital Confinement (per day): $160
The insurance provider will provide this benefit due to a covered accident on the first day of hospital confinement for up to 365 days per covered accident. Hospital Confinement must begin within 90 days from date of accident. Payable once per hospital confinement even if the confinement is caused by more than one injury.
Hospital Intensive Care (per day): $400
Up to 30 days per covered accident; pays in addition to Hospital Confinement Benefit.
Blood and Plasma: $150
If an insured receives blood and plasma within 90 days following a covered accident, the insurance provider will pay the amount shown.
Transportation Benefits (within 90 days after the accident)
Air Ambulance: $500
Train or Plane Transportation (50miles or greater): $400
Bus Transportation (50 miles or greater): $200
Family Lodging (per night) $100
The insurance provider will pay this benefit for an adult of the immediate family to accompany the insured if treatment of injuries due to a covered accident requires hospital confinement in a hospital more than 100 miles from the residence of the insured. The insurance provider will pay the amount shown for one room for up to 30 days and only during the time the insured is confined to the hospital. The treatment must be prescribed by your local physician.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefits
Accidental Death $25,000
If an insured is injured in a covered accident and the injury causes the insured to die within 90 days after the accident, the insurance provider will pay this benefit.
Accidental Death – Common Carrier $75,000
If an insured is injured in a covered accident and the injury causes the insured to die within 90 days after the accident, the insurance provider will pay this benefit if the injury is the result of traveling as a fare-paying passenger on a common carrier. If this benefit is paid, the insurance provider will not pay the other death benefit in this plan.
Dismemberment (loss within 90 days)
Partial amputation of fingers or toes (including at least one joint) $100
Loss of one or more fingers or toes $1,250 Single loss $6,250 Double loss $25,000
If you are a dues-paying member, you may file a claim here.
Limitations and Exclusions
The insurance provider will not pay benefits for loss, injury or death contributed to, caused by, or resulting from:
1. Participating in war or any act of war, declared or not, or participating in the armed forces of or contracting with any country or international authority.
2. Suicide – committing or attempting to commit Suicide, while Sane or insane.
3. Sickness – having any disease or bodily/mental illness or degenerative process. The insurance provider also will not pay benefits for any related medical/surgical treatment or diagnostic procedures for such illness.
4. Self-inflicted injuries – injuring or attempting to injure yourself intentionally.
5. Racing-Riding in or driving any motor-driven vehicle in a race, stunt show or speed test.
6. Intoxication – being legally intoxicated, or being under the influence of any narcotic, unless such is taken on the advice of a physician.
7. Illegal Acts – participating or attempting to participate in an illegal activity or working at an illegal job.
8. Sports – participating in any organized sport: professional or semi-professional.
9. Avocations -mountaineering using ropes and/or other equipment, parachuting or hang gliding.
10. Cosmetic Surgery – having cosmetic surgery or other elective procedures that are not medically necessary or having dental treatment except as a result of covered accident.
National Group Protection (800) 344-9016 or email at email@example.com
This is a brief product Overview only. The plan has limitations and exclusions that may affect benefits payable. Refer to the plan for a complete list of benefits, limitations, and exclusions.
Accident Insurance underwritten by American Family Life Assurance Company of New York, 22 Corporate Woods Boulevard Albany, New York 12211. NOTICE TO BUYER. This is an accident-only policy. It does NOT provide basic hospital, basic medical, or major medical insurance as defined by the New York Department of Financial Services. This policy is intended to supplement existing basic hospital, basic medical, or major medical coverage. It is not intended to replace or be issued in lieu of that coverage. Underlying basic hospital, basic medical, or major medical coverage must be in force in order to purchase this accident-only coverage.