Right now, the Guild represents all Uber drivers in New York City. Those represented members have access to the following benefits, all you need to do is create a free account with your TLC number:
IDG members will have the right to go before an appeals panel with representation if they wish to challenge their deactivation.
A collective voice
Member representatives participate in meetings with company management to articulate the issues our membership is facing on the road, and seeks to resolve them.
The Guild provides access to deeply discounted legal services to fight unfair New York Taxi and Limousine Commission and NYPD traffic violations. Most NYPD tickets can be fought for $75.
Through the power of workers organizing with the Machinists Union, the Black Car Fund was created to provide workers comp for every black car driver in New York City. The Guild assists with claims.
You also have access to both Health and Wellness as well as Safety classes. When you take the classes with the Black Car Fund, you will be paid up to $300.
A clear political and legislative voice to fight for policies that best help you earn a living.
We help Guild members and their families save money by providing:
- Savings on work-related expenses, like roadside assistance, tire purchases, car washes, mobile plans, etc.
- Discounts from companies like Best Buy, Costco, Reebok, etc.
- Discounts to see sports and entertainment events (e.g. Yankees, Jets, Madison Square Garden, Barclay’s Center, Six Flags).
- English as a second language, High School Diploma, College Credits, Children’s programs starting pre-k-High School, like SAT test prep and tutoring.
- Travel discounts and special pricing for hotel bookings and vacations.
- …and a team who will keep on adding to the above everyday and who will go after any benefit or savings IDG members request.
Additional Benefits for Dues-paying Members
As our full membership grows, so will our bargaining power to win even more of the critical group benefits drivers want at lower prices.
Only full members may serve on member committees. Member committees are the backbone of communicating the perspectives of working-drivers to Guild staff.
The IDG is working to serve drivers that are new to the industry and build a culture of solidarity, mutual aid, and community by starting a Guild steward program. This mentorship structure facilitates veteran drivers helping new drivers, or drivers that would like support.
Access to Slack Group
Slack is our group communication tool that helps drivers connect to other drivers.
Works Council Participation
New York City drivers are the only drivers in the nation with a venue to raise workplace issues with Uber management. Only full members may be representatives on the Works Council meeting with company management.