The Independent Drivers Guild (IDG) is a nonprofit affiliate of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW) bringing together app-based drivers in New York City to win better pay, benefits, and dignity on the job. We believe in the power of collective action to win change. Since our launch in 2016, our campaigns have put millions of dollars in drivers pockets, first through a campaign that established the right to be able to accept tips through apps, and next through landmark regulations that will establish the first-ever pay floor in the industry.
We now seek to build on this foundation of economic gains with a new initiative to promote mental health and wellness amongst For-Hire Vehicle drivers in partnership with the Black Car Fund. Our Mental Health and Wellness Program will provide a lifeline for drivers who are in crisis, and support drivers with a suite of preventative measures including group therapy, counseling, guidance in accessing social services, as well as financial planning, ESL, and Know Your Rights classes.
We are seeking LCSWs and LMSWs who speak English and Spanish, Bengali, Urdu, Mandarin, and other languages to join our team part-time. The right candidate will have a can-do attitude and a passion for helping immigrant workers gain power to transform reality through collective action.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide therapeutic services to drivers;
- Conduct intake interview and complete necessary documentation
- Provide support in accessing social safety net resources, resolving conflicts, and setting and achieving goals;
- Manage a caseload of 5-10 drivers;
- Work as a team with part-time and full-time colleagues to develop programming
- Co-develop curriculum with the Education Director and coworkers around mental health and wellness;
- Offer trainings for drivers & leaders in the driving community around mental wellness and stress management
- Field calls from drivers who are in crisis;
- Develop relationships with religious and cultural leaders who drivers may reach out to when they are in crisis;
- Train leaders within and outside the organization on best practices when talking with a driver who is in crisis or needs counseling;
- Work closely with other members of the Mental Health and Wellness Team to track key metrics of program effectiveness;
- Think creatively and collaborate with staff to adapt program focus as-needed.
- PsyD, PhD in Psychology, or Master of Social Work
- Valid NY state licensure as Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Psychologist. Will consider MSW candidates.
- 2-5 years clinical experience
- Experience working with working class and marginalized populations
- Labor/community organizing experience preferred
- Experience creating and implementing curriculum
- Multilingual strongly preferred
- Passion for social justice
- Competitive hourly pay.
Please send a cover letter and CV or resume to email@example.com.
Looking to fill position ASAP.