The Independent Drivers Guild (IDG) is seeking an energetic and outgoing individual interested in helping build our organization from the ground up. We are a nonprofit affiliate of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW, Machinists Union) and represent 50,000 app-based For-Hire Vehicle workers in New York City.
We are seeking an experienced part-time Administrative Assistant to help us keep up with the growth of the union, and better serve our members. The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Answer incoming calls about the IDG, and respond to voicemails;
- Answer questions about education, organizing, firings and appeals processes, and union campaigns;
- Respond to emails from our membership throughout the day;
- Respond to Facebook messages in a timely fashion;
- In general, take care of the needs of the office;
- Coordinate food orders for classes and meetings;
- Enter necessary data (ex: turnout for meetings, classes, paper dues forms, etc.);
- Make sure that the office is clean and ready for classes/meetings the following day (sweeping, stocking the coffee bar, moping once a week, wiping down the tables, cleaning the coffee maker, and cleaning the fridge once a week);
- Compile and prepare necessary materials for classes and meetings;
- Keep a weekly inventory list and ordering more office supplies when necessary.
This position starts at $15 per hour for 24 hours per week, reports to the Executive Director, and starts immediately. To apply, please email us your resume and a letter of interest.